Sunday, January 3, 2010

Upon Further Further Review (Bowls)

I started off the bowl season by going 2-6 on my first eight picks, which is to say... I suck. I currently stand at 13-12 with four games remaining, so I suppose I should be happy that I could finish above .500.

Some initial thoughts...


I thought Nevada would play better.

I thought Wisconsin would play worse.

I over-estimated the PAC 10. And the Big East.

The best game, so far, was Idaho's last-second win over Bowling Green. Vandals coach Robb Akey goes for the two point conversion, and the 43-42 win, with :04 left. Always happy to see a gamble like that pay off.

Air Force and Navy both won impressively.

Arizona failed to show up.

Connecticut played their hearts out for their lost teammate.

Bobby Bowden went out a winner.

Florida showed that the loss to Alabama was, indeed, an aberration.

For some reason, I find myself siding with Mike Leach.

No comments:

Post a Comment