Monday, October 29, 2007

So Much for Crystal Balls

OK, so, in my first official week of picks, I went 4-8. For those of you who used my picks to place your offshore bets, what were you thinking?

Seriously though, this is further evidence of the whackiness that is the 2007 college football season. The fact that so many outcomes have been surprises makes it much more enjoyable, unless you're a gambler, in which case, you're probably hoping your bookie doesn't send Guido out to snap your knee any time soon.

Sure, I took a few risks with my picks, but how many of you saw Iowa beating Michigan State (in 2 OT's)? How many of you think Kansas is ripe for a loss? Ditto for Arizona State. Ditto for Ohio State. Other games illustrate my point as well. How many of you would have picked Mississippi State to beat Kentucky at home? Or NC State to beat Virginia? How many of you would have told me in August that the Connecticut Huskies would be 7-1 and in control of their own destiny in the Big East?

College football can make lots of people look stupid (including me), but it's fun, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment