Monday, November 5, 2007

So Much for Crystal Balls

In my second official week of picks, I went 8-5. That's not great, but it's not bad, especially when you consider that Wake Forest lost by a point - and missed a late field goal that would have won it - and Navy beat Notre Dame by two points. But I will gladly take one on the chin each week if it means I can watch the Irish writhe in collective pain. And who could have foreseen that Oklahoma State would let Texas score 24 points in the final quarter and lose by three? And you have to admit that Alabama was very close to knocking off LSU. The only pick I regret, in retrospect, is Boston College. I should have known that - even in a "down" period - FSU has better athletes than BC.

The Jayhawks obviously unleashed four decades of frustration on Nebraska. The Ducks showed that they have to be taken seriously. And the Huskies (U Conn) showed that they are for real - at least in their league.

I still think that this is one of the most enjoyable college football seasons that I can remember. Surprises abound, every Saturday.

For the season, I'm 12-13, but I guarantee I'll break .500 this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment