Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Pox on Fox

I happen to be a BCS proponent. Typically, despite the pissing and moaning that goes on every year, they’ve managed to get it right. So I’m not going to take up space here complaining about that.

But I AM going to complain about Fox broadcasting the BCS games. Here’s why: They suck.

Photobucket

They don’t do a single college game all year long, and then they get to broadcast the biggest games of them all? I understand that they outbid the other suitors, and money talks, but, holy God, the Fox telecasts are almost unwatchable.

During the BCS selection show tonight, right after announcing that Florida was playing Oklahoma for the national championship, Gator head coach Urban Meyer came on to be interviewed and the Fox moron promptly asked him about his hair. I’m not kidding. I wish I was.

Fifteen minutes later, I switched to ESPN, and the talking heads there actually asked thoughtful, probing questions. The good news is ESPN has a new four year contract to air the BCS games. The bad news is it doesn’t kick in until 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment