Sunday, October 19, 2008

Afterbirth (Week 8)

You know... the stuff that just kind of falls out when the party's over.

Patting Myself on the Back

This week I was 8-2 on my Crystal Ball picks. Last week I was 8-2. The week before that I was 10-0. That brings my season total to 52-19, and I don't pick any easy ones. I'm saying that's pretty freakin' good. Hey, if I don't pat myself on the back, who else will do it?

There Are Some Things You Just Can't Hide

Photobucket

Sometimes you can hide things. Sometimes you can't. If you're a defensive coordinator in the Big 12, I'm thinking you can't really hide the gaping holes in your defense.

You and me and 9 guys from the nearest pub could score a touchdown on the Missouri defense. (87 total points scored in that game, a Texas victory)

You and me and 9 guys from the nearest pub could score a touchdown on the Kansas defense. (76 total points scored in that game, an Oklahoma victory)

You and me and 9 guys from the nearest pub could score a touchdown on the Texas Tech defense. (68 total points scored in that game, a Texas Tech victory)

Stop me if this gets repetitive.

You and me and 9 guys from the nearest pub could score a touchdown on the…

Okay, I’ll stop. But, hopefully, you get the point. I think we can now confirm that they do not play defense in the Big 12, and I’d be shocked if it doesn’t come back to bite them in the ass if one of their teams should somehow earn the right to play in the BCS Championship game.

Pre-Game Meal Not Enough?

I'm not sure what to say about this, other than the fact that Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel probably had a hard time getting his girlfriend to kiss him after this video hit the internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment