Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Crystal Ball Says...

...that I know what will happen in this week's key games. Always remember that I'm right, and your team sucks.

So I’m a bit late getting these picks done this weekend. Hey, I have a life. What’s your excuse? Don’t worry. I made these picks early, and I have witnesses.

Virginia Tech @ #25 Florida State
Florida State is 5-1 and continuing to improve. Virginia Tech is 5-2 and in need of a win to keep pace in the race for the Coastal Division of the ACC. Unfortunately, this is just the kind of game the stinking Seminoles win.

Kentucky @ #10 Florida
Florida’s offense seems to be clicking, and Kentucky, after starting the season 4-0, has been riddled with injuries as they hit the meat of their schedule. Florida, at home, is too much for the Wildcats.

#2 Alabama @ Tennessee
Tennessee is not very good. They are 3-4, and haven’t beaten a ranked team this year. They need to win 3 of their remaining 5 games just to be bowl eligible. Alabama won last year in Tuscaloosa, but haven’t beaten the Vols in consecutive years since ’91-’92. Amazingly, second ranked, unbeaten Alabama is only a 4 point favorite. I’m going to roll with the Tide.

#7 Georgia @ 13 LSU
This is a tough gamed to call. A loss for either team will all but eliminate them from the national championship race, and damage their hopes for a division title. LSU’s defense is allegedly loaded with superior athletes, but they haven’t been playing like it. Georgia coach Mark Richt is 28-3in games away from Athens. As much as it pains me to admit it, that’s pretty impressive.

#3 Penn State @ #9 Ohio State
Penn State is 8-0, and has all the alleged experts wetting themselves over the resurgence of JoePa. The Nittany Lions haven’t beaten Ohio State in Columbus in the seven times they’ve played since joining the Big 10 in 1993. On the other hand, a win in this game would go a long way toward restoring Ohio State’s tarnished reputation. Logic would say pick Penn State. So I’m taking Ohio State.

#5 USC @ Arizona
Arizona is 5-2, and their 42-27 pounding of Cal last week has given rise to renewed optimism in Tucson. The Wildcats are ninth in the nation in scoring, and think they might be able to keep up with USC. The Trojans are heavy favorites in this one. I hate USC, but I think they win this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment