Monday, October 27, 2008

UGA Beware

Once again, for those of you who know me, you know that I am a Gator fan. If you didn't know that, well, you do now.

I'm also an animal lover. Not a card-carrying member of PETA, mind you. But I find it virtually impossible to kill anything larger than a mosquito, and I tend to be fond of almost any kind of animal that we humans have domesticated over the last 10,000 years or so.

But this week is a special week. An unusual week. It is a time when a surpisingly large share of my attention is focused on the demise of one single, mangy mutt. By 6:30 Saturday afternoon, I hope to see the famous University of Georgia mascot looking something like this...

Photobucket

All I can say is, UGA beware.

Countdown to UGA's Demise



Dawg Dance

In case anyone needs a reminder, the Georgia Bulldawgs celebrated their first touchdown in last year's game in a way that was remarkably classless, even for them. And, despite head coach Mark Richt's subsequent attempts to deny that the event was pre-meditated, we know differently...



World's Largest Outdoor... Something or Other

Speaking of THAT game in Jacksonville, I can kind of understand the reluctance of both schools' administrations to refer to the game by its decades-old nickname. I mean, there is no need for them to offically endorse it. But, come on. It is what it is. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. There is no other atmosphere like the one surrounding that stadium before the game, and inside that stadium during the game.

Photobucket

And, let's get real. It IS the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment