Friday, January 9, 2009

Major Wright Sets the Tone for the Gator Defense

I plan to post ALL kinds of fun things over the next several days just because I can. It's my blog, dammit, and my favorite team just won another national championship. I'm going to enjoy this!

The Sooners had never scored less than 35 points in a game, and averaged 54 points per game coming into this one - tops in the country in scoring this year, and, in fact, the most prolific scoring offense in the modern era of college football. But, in this game, not so much. They could only muster 14 points.

In this video clip, Florida's Major Wright sends an early message to Oklahoma receiver Manuel Johnson. I guarantee you, prior to this game, the Sooners hadn't seen a defense like this Gator defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment